Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hello Family and Friends!

Hello All,
I finally reached my destination Gaborone Botswana I moved into the University of Botswana in the graduate flats I have five other roommates four girls from K-State and a graduate student from Kenya her name is Wawa. We spent the night in Joburg the 27th We stayed at the backpackers Ritz it was amazing we met some cool people. I had my first incounter with wild life a lizard and I got a chance to see some amazing plants. This is truely a Journey I miss my family and friends and my pet hamster Lou Lou. To all my sorors I love you ladies keep me and your prayers at all times please. On sunday I'm planning to go to church with a couple of friends and Monday we are going to tour the Mokolodi game reserve. At the reserve Elephants and Rhino's I love animals. We are also going to the Tmaleo project where 90%+ of the population has AIDS there we will we working with children I will keep you all posted on my amazing Journey! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

1 comment:

pedro said...

Meeka, Greetings from the Little Apple....Hope all is well. Just a note to let you know we are thinking about you (Juanita, Peach and Destiny). You will do great things working in Africa..May this be a blessed and great experience for you. But more importantly, this trip will reaffirm your commitment to helping others and understanding the beauty of culture. ENJOY!