Monday, June 30, 2008

Gamadubu and the Okavango Delta!!!!















Hello Family and Friends,
I'm still having an awesome time in Botswana I would like to thank everyone for their prayers I am so grateful that me out of all people is getting a chance to expeience so many things I have never experienced before I miss all of you dearly. Let me catch you up on whats been going on in my life in Botswana since the last blog. on June 24th I went to Gamadubu a rural village with teacher Shirley for the feeding project that she does every Saturday she picked me and the gang up at 7:30am the drive out to the rural village took about 50minutes . The ride out there was very relaxing for me I had a nice conversation with teacher Shirly she had shared with me how grateful she was to have us helping she he told me that she had a goat for us once we had arrived she had announced to the others that we were getting a goat! not to keep as a pet to eat the look on our faces was priceless. Me and the girls named him Billy. I was very grateful and happy I felt it was a privallage to recieve a goat. Now I told you about our friend Billy here comes my favorite to talk about cooking we started to chop Cabbage,Carrots and Onions. While the food was being cooked the kids played games and they had devotion where a Social Worker read a couple of Bible scriptures and afterwards he talked to the kids about children Welfare laws and spoke to them about certain right they have. I though this was interesting knowing some of the kids living situations I'm pretty sure the kids found it comforting to know that they are loved and that there are laws to protect them. Once the food was prepared the children said Grace and ate the meal that we helped prepare. Once the kids finished eating it was time to slaughter our friend Billy I was scared for the goat. I had mix feelings about killing the goat but I stopped and gave it thought and realized thats how they have to eat or else they wouldn't have any food to eat I was sad for the goat but still grateful for the gift. Once I got back to the UB me and Matt decided to cook some of the goat for dinner and we did just that.


Now I'm going to talk about my vacation on June 25th- 29th me and the group went to the Okavango Delta in Maun. We stayed at the Audi camp there I went camping outside in a tent. This was the vacation of a life time it was beautiful at Audi Camp I got a chance to meet people from all across the globe.Thursday we arrived there we relaxed ate dinner at this amazzing resteraunt Friday we went horseback riding and on this was really cool because my horse took me for a ride his name was El' Sabetha thank god I have experience in horseback riding!Saturday we went on the Moroko safari I was so excited we went canoeing and Leslie notice a giraffi me and Matt got a chance to get real close to the Giraffi I was so scared but very excited! This have been truely a blessing for me to experience this wonderful country! I will Keep you posted as I experience the 4th of July celebration at the embassey!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shaunta said...

Hi Meeka,
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and bringing smiles to the children's faces! I can't wait to read more about your adventures;)

Wade said...

Thanks for doing such a great job communicating your experience. Keep up the great work!